Tooth decay is not to be taken lightly as it will cause extensive damage to your teeth. If left unchecked, cavities can spread to other teeth or lead to gum disease, both of which can cause tooth loss. An evaluation from your South Pasadena, California dentist at Huntington Dental Excellence can determine if you have cavities so you can get treatment with tooth colored fillings.
Why Choose Composite Fillings for Cavity Treatment
The most common treatments for cavities are silver amalgam or composite tooth-colored fillings. Both are effective in treating decay; however, composite fillings have distinct advantages, making them a premier choice for cavity treatment.
- Are white fillings that can be matched to the natural color of your teeth for a more pleasing appearance
- Can be used to treat cavities in front or back teeth
- Bond well with your teeth to strengthen and protect them from further decay
- Don’t expand or contract with temperature changes in your mouth from consuming cold or hot food or drinks
- Can also be used to repair small chips or cracks in teeth
If a natural-looking smile is important to you, we recommend composite fillings. With silver amalgam fillings, you’ll clearly see the metal when you smile, announcing to the world you’ve had cavity treatment. In contrast, composite tooth-colored fillings blend in with your smile for a smooth, seamless appearance. Amalgam fillings also contain mercury, which can pose a risk to people with metal allergies, whereas composite fillings are composed of entirely safe materials.
How to Get the Most from Your Cavity Treatment
To schedule a dental exam or cavity treatment at our South Pasadena, CA location, contact Huntington Dental Excellence today at (626) 382-2756.